From November 11 to November 13 2016 the II Convention of the All-Russian Public Organization “Russian Society of Political Experts” on “Russian Politics: the agenda in the changing world” will be held in Kazan. Over 350 leading Russian and foreign scientists and experts from over 30 countries will take part. The Convention will be a discussion platform related to political tasks the Russian state and society are facing.
PolitIQ programme will be presented during the round-table talk on “Vital problems of the current youth politics in Russia”. Maxim Vilissov, Deputy Head of Department of State Politics at Lomonosov MSU, will share the information about the programme’s activity and the first results.
The following people will participate:
among foreign speakers:
- Peter Schulze – Professor, Institute of Political Science at the University of Goettingen (Germany);
- Beatriz Bissio – Dean of the Faculty of Political Science at Rio de Janeiro Federal University (Brazil);
- Richard Sakwa – Professor, the Kent University (Great Britain);
- Aymeric Chauprade – member of European Parliament, geopolitical expert (France);
- Hans Köchler – President of the International Progress Organization, Professor, the University of Innsbruck (Austria);
- Jerzy Wiatr – sociologist in politics, Professor, Rector Emeritus of the European School of Law and Administration (Poland);
- Markku Kivinen – Director of the Aleksanteri Institute of the University of Helsinki (Finland);
- Pizzolo Calogero – Professor, the University of Buenos Aires (Argentina);
- Dusan Prorokovic – Director of the Centre of Strategic Alternatives (Serbia);
among Russian speakers:
- Olga Vasilyeva – Minister of Education and Science of the Russian Federation;
- Farid Mukhametshin – Chairman of State Council of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- Alexey Vlasov – Deputy Head of Presidential Department of the RF on Inter-Regional and Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries;
- Shamil Gafarov – Deputy Prime-Minister of the Republic of Tatarstan – Head of Establishment of the Cabinet of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- Oleg Morozov – ex-Head of the Presidential Department on Internal Politics of the RF, Head of the Centre of State Construction and Training for Senior Executives at Lomonosov MSU.
- Alexander Shchipkov – First Deputy Head of Synodal Department on Church Relations with Society and Mass Media of the Russian Orthodox Church;
- Yury Pivovarov – Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Head of Department of Comparative Political Science of the Faculty of Political Science at MSU;
- Vitaly Tretyakov – Dean of the Higher School of Television at MSU;
- Anatoly Puyu – Director of the Higher School of Journalism and Mass Communications at the Saint-Petersburg State University;
- Sergey Shakhray – ex-Assistant to President of the RF, Chairman of the Board of the Russian Historical Society, MSU Pro-Rector;
- Vladimir Pligin – ex-Chairman of the Committee of Constitutional Law and State Construction of State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation (IV-VI callings);
- Vasily Belozerov – Head of the Association of Military Political Experts of Russia;
co-Chairmen of the Russian Society of Political Experts:
- Stanislav Yeremeyev – Dean of the Faculty of Political Science at the Saint-Petersburg State University;
- Andrey Shutov – Dean of the Faculty of Political Science at MSU;
- Vladimir Yakunin – Head of Department of State Politics of the Faculty of Political Science at MSU.
The programme of the event:
- Discussion and estimation of relevant international and domestic political situation conducted by the expert-analytical community including leading Russian and foreign political experts (results of Parliamentary elections and forecasts regarding the upcoming Presidential elections in Russia, elections of top officials in USA and leading countries of EU and other).
- Development of recommendations for authorities of the Russian Federation regarding the domestic and external political agenda (beginning of the disintegration process in some European countries; renewing the political configuration due to presidential elections in some states of the post-Soviet area and others).
- Making decisions and recommendations for authorities that can help enhance the status of political science in the system of higher education of the Russian Federation.
- The first award named after Academician Eugeny Primakov, President Emeritus of the Russian Society of Political Science, presented to one of the first Russian political experts, veteran of WWII, A.Galkin.
- To assign the title of President Emeritus of the Russian Society of Political Experts to Eugeny Primakov permanently in the Charter of the organization in order to memorialize his name.
Besides, the by-elections will be held at the Convention for Presidium of the Russian Society of Political Experts. During the last session on 3 August 2016 Chairman of State Duma of Federal Assembly of the RF Sergey Naryshkin agreed to head the Russian Society of Political Experts as its President. As a result, some changes are expected in the organizational structure of the Russian Society of Political Experts.
I Convention of the Russian Society of Political Experts was held in 2014 in Suzdal and had a significant impact on the political life of society and the state. President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin sent his welcome words for the participants of the Convention.
The information has been provided by the press-service of the Russian Society of Political ExpertsAll News