PolitIQ is an abbreviation made of three key words: polit, improve, quality.
The goal of the program is to increase the prestige of political science education in Russia.
The mission of the program is to disseminate objective knowledge about Russia and the Russian science in the foreign scientific community; to help foreign students and professors to obtain qualitative information about the Russian school of political sciences and the tendencies of its development; to secure mutual understanding and interaction between representatives of Russian and foreign political science.
The comprehensive educational programme for the promotion of Russian political sciences led by MSU’s Political Science Faculty and MGIMO`s School of Governance and Politics. MA program in Post-Soviet Public Policy was initiated in 2016 by Doctor of Political Science Vladimir Yakunin.
The main directions of the program:
Scientific and Research field:
- development of scientific and expert reports;
- preparation of scientific articles for publication in Russian and foreign academic journals;
- inviting a “celebrity professor” – a world famous lecturer on political sciences;
- development and publishing of learning materials.
Development of the educational program:
- Master program in English
- trainings for students of MSU in Summer Schools of the leading foreign universities. The first competitive selection of the students was held in 2016. Successful students were offered to choose among six universities. These are the following universities: the London School of Economics (LSE), Great Britain; the Institution of Political Research (Sciences Po), France; Oxford, Great Britain; the Beijing University (China), the Hong Kong University (China), the International Association of Political Science jointly with the National University of Singapore (Singapore).
- programs of students’ exchange. In 2017 a study trip to Moscow for foreign students has been held for the first time at MSU.